In our life, there are a lot of pets. They are the lovely animals. Normally, we will choose the small animals to feed. Normally, this depends on the hobby of each person. Generally, the dogs are the most popular pets on over the world. You can see that some people will bring a dog walk in the park. Even, they sleep with their dog in a bed as friends. They take care of a dog very carefully. Besides, you care for this animal. You must buy the suitable food for your pet to ensure the dog’s health. This is very important for those who are feeding a dog. According to the comments of many people, the food for the good plays an important role during caring for it. Therefore, how to choose the quality food for your dog is a difficult problem with some people. You are looking for the information relating to the dog food. This article will help you have some necessary information. Let’s refer some things in this writing, right!
In fact, there are many things when you buy the dog food. However, you should focus 6 the following factors to choose the good food for your dog.
- Considering The Stage of Your Dog’s Life
In each stage, this pet will need the different nutrition. So you must choose the appropriate food for its life. Here are 3 basic stages of the dog’s development which you should consider as follows:
- Firstly, with a puppy, your pet does not need to eat too much food in a meal. Moreover, a number of calories, protein, vitamins and some minerals also must be considered carefully for the growth properly.
- However, with an adult dog, you should not provide a lot of nutrition. This can lead to the overweight.
- In addition, with an older dog, you can choose the senior food which it is easy to digest.
Especially, you must change the containers which they are used to contain the pet food. You can use the pans, pots, and the certain box. However, all of them must clean as well as enough wide with the size of your dog.
- Checking The Ingredients
Surely, you must read the list of the ingredients on the bag. Actually, you can not open the package to check the pet food so you can check the ingredients. It is important to look at the ingredients of meat, fish, egg or some types of other meat which they are shown on the ingredient. In addition, you also consider the percentage of 4 basic elements in a bag of the pet food. They are protein, carbohydrates, fiber, and fats. 4 these elements are very necessary for the growth of your dog.
- Taking Your Time to Check The AAFCO Statement
Before explaining the reason why you should read the AAFCO, you must know AAFCO is abbreviated by the Association of American Feed Control Officials. In fact, this association established the standard for the dog food. Of course, this standard is shown through a nutrition chart. Therefore, you must check on the dog food label. If this food shows the AAFCM statement it means that it is passed a feeding trial. To know more information about the AAFCO, please read Government Regulation of Pet Food.
- Taking Your Time to Change The Food for Your Dog
You are picky with your pet. I think you will be very careful to choose the food for your dog as well as change the new food for this pet. Normally, when changing another food suddenly, this can lead to the change of the type of bacteria. It can affect the digestion according to the negative direction for your dog. In this time, the digestive system of your dog will meet the hard problem. So how do you avoid this problem? It is better to change a new food slowly. Here are some tips for you:
- In some first days, you should mix about 25% of the new food and 75 % of the old food. Your dog will eat this rate of the food within 3 days;
- Then, you will increase the rate of the new food. In this time, you will combine 50% of the new food and 50% of the old food. Your pet also consumes this food about 3 days;
- Next, you will mix 75% of the new food with 25% of the old food. This food will be eaten by your dog at least 3 days.
- Finally, all steps go well. That means your dog can ready eat the new food only. However, during trying with the new food, if it has any problem for your pet you should bring your dog to see the veterinarian as soon as possible.
In conclusion, your dog is always healthy when you know how to choose the food properly. With 4 simple tips which I mention above, I hope you will have more useful experience to choose the dog food.